Encounters with the Great White SharkMarine Dynamics, a diving operation specializing in encounters with the Great White Shark (Carcharodon carcharias), is based in the fishing village of Gansbaai, Western Cape, South Africa.
Shark Cage Diving in Gansbaai* Breakfast is provided at the restaurant before the boat launch.
* Every trip is preceded by a brief introductory talk about the route and what to look out for.
* The launching time of the trip will be confirmed the day before, as it mat change due to weather and tide conditions, arriving at the anchoring spot in 20 to 25 minutes.
* The anchor is lowered, the cage goes into the water, a scent trial is made, and we settle down.
* Final preparations for the diving are made, and the rest of the day is spent watching, diving and enjoying the day enjoying
* Weather permitting a trip to Dyer Island, is made after spending time with the sharks. Here you can view African penguins, Cape cormorants and many other species. Neighbouring Dyer Island is Geyser Rock, home to thousands of Cape Fur Seals. The stretch of water between the two islands is Shark Alley. The colony is thriving and there is always lots of activity, especially around November time when the tiny pups are born.
After about 3 to 4 hours, depending on the day, we head back to land. Should you wish to return to shore earlier, a transfer can be arranged.